Sunday 3 May 2009

Sunday

Sunday at work is a fairly straightforward affair. I like how straigthforward it has become since I started working here, at a little Edinburgh recording studio. It isn't that there's no work to be done, just that i've fallen into such a slick pattern every week that it runs like clockwork. If i had my way, every shift would work like this, hell every DAY would work like this.
Today was a bit different because i was not without my concerns. I had more on my mind than i usually do, with a fair measure of uncertainty and some small amount of fear. I find that the circumstances of repairs being done to my flat are starting to put a lot of strain on my relationship with my better, more talented, more awesome half, and this has been my source of worry.
I'm informed that within the next 5 days i'll be able to move back into my place and I sincerely hope that this relieves some of the burden that she and I have been feeling lately. I fall into a lot of stereotypes comfortably when it comes to her, I love seeing my phone light up with her name attached to an incoming text. I clockwatch when I know i'm going to see her soon. I find myself laughing at funny things she says hours later when i remember what it was she said randomly. She has a blog of her own which i check out often, not because i'm hugely enthusiastic about makeup, but because she writes about something that i'm unfamiliar with with enthusiasm, wit and a genuine reflection of her own personality in her writing. She even made an entry about 5 celeb boys she lusts for amusing a fun read for me, and i should have been mildly affronted!

Times are difficult right now and i can't believe i'm facing some grown up problems such as money and housing at a mere 24! I do, however, feel that the problems I face are made that much smaller with her continued support. i can safely say that the best thing she gives me, on a daily basis, is belief in myself that stems from her faith in me. For that, i feel fortunate.

1 comment:

The Misadventures of Miss Manship said...

Oh my goodnes, Fraser! Update your blog, it's been four months!!! :-)