Saturday 14 February 2009

Oh what a shame...

'Oh what a shame that your pockets did bleed on st. valentine's
And you sat in a chair
Thinking "boy i'm such a prince!" '

Rufus Wainwright said that in a song called April Fools. It isn't april but it is valentine's day today. It's been a pretty standard day for me, being at work as is my usual for every saturday and to be fair, the vibe for today is a little subdued. Due to various circumstances, valentine's day for me today is a little muted with my evening being a quiet one in the flat with my better half, waiting for a takeaway to be delivered (with rumbling tums) and watching the telly.

The fact that the evening has been rather low-key has no impact on my enjoyment of the time i've had. I'm of the strong opinion that it doesn't matter what you do on valentine's day so long as you're with the person you care about. It's mega cheesy, but alas, its how my brain works. I'm pretty happy with the prospect of an evening watching dvds under the duvet with my favourite person.

No comments: